Wow. What a week.

On Wednesday, Jamie took a long nap and I started in on my new favorite hobby - cleaning off the dining table. This time, I decided no matter what I picked up, I would see that object to its final destination, whether it was the trash, the recycling or its home in the house.

I found that I had been avoiding hand-sewing by hiding all the projects under junk mail. Procrastinate no more, I told myself, going for needle and thread.



They are, from left clockwise: a fabric owl purse with a loose eye, four buttons sewn on Jamie's new shirt (he kind of picked the fabric out himself by pointing and hooting), a $1 duck I found somewhere that developed a small hole, and a selection of fabric beans that I made after Jamie spent a weekend collecting small hand-sized rocks. The beans, while fun to make and fun to dump out of a plastic cup and put back in ... are also fun for Angus, who likes to play bean hockey each morning on top of me as I try to sleep.
(Angus acquired another obnoxious habit recently: at 4 a.m. when he discovers his food dish is empty, he climbs on top of me and bites my butt.)

Wednesday afternoon, all heck broke loose when the Fool came home sick from work and ended up in the ER. He is fine now, home and happy to be here, after spending a couple nights in the hospital. Obviously, it wasn't under the best circumstances, but he had the presence of mind to take his knitting when the three of us left for the hospital and made some good progress on Jamie's sweater.



Now we are all home, and the turkey bratwurst I had planned to cook for dinner are mysteriously missing. They've either crept into a far corner of the freezer, are growing disgusting under the seat in the car because they fell out of a grocery bag, or Angus has cooked and eaten them, because I think even he would not eat frozen sausages.

Comments

LaurieM said…
It seems you haven't misplaced your sense of humor.

I'm glad the Fool is better. His knitting is so good it's sick!

I know, bad joke. I've had a bad week too and my sense of humor was all that kept me a float.
=Tamar said…
Wow, that sweater is gorgeous. (It doesn't hurt that I love blue.)

It's good to hear that all is well.
Lorna said…
oh no... Sure hope J is ok.

Beautiful knitting - even when sick -
Heidi said…
I am glad all are on the mend, and boy is that a fine peice of knitting!
Anonymous said…
Glad to here that everyone is again doing good. (I really hate the fact that he can knit that good while sick! I have trouble doing half as good well.) K
Abby said…
A few comments:
Glad the Fool is better.

How neat that Jamie picked out his fabric. You are clearly raising that kid right- to enjoy fabric and its selection.

Also, did you ever find your turkey brats?
Lanea said…
So glad the Fool is feeling better--hospitalization doesn't seem fun.

That's some lovely colorwork!

Popular Posts