Making good on my threat

It's a quiet night here. Angus is snoring melodically on the couch and the Fool and Jamie are back from a weekend in Minnesota. I got to stay here. All by myself in the house. With all my various projects and not too many commitments, and some friends who came by to visit.
It was awesome.
I spent a lot of time in sweatpants, didn't do very much by way of household chores and futzed around with fabric and yarn and movies on DVD from the library.
Totally awesome. I haven't done that since before Jamie was born.
Anyway, I did reknit the neck on the Fool's sweater and blocked it and wove in the ends just in time for him to wear it on his trip. He complained a little bit, though.

FOOL: This sweater is still damp. I can't wear it.
ME: Yes, you can. It will dry from your body heat.
FOOL: It is making my shirt wet.
ME: It's not that bad. It's more Irish that way. You can pretend you were out walking around in the misty Galway night on the way home from a session.
FOOL: Mrrf.


To my relief, Blackwater Abbey still stretches vertically quite a bit, and the sleeves were much looser once we got the thing wet. The color is supposed to be a wine red, but I plead dark hallway at night.
Now I'm on to a vest I put in time out for no good reason at all.

Comments

Chery said…
Very good looking sweater, and cute model, too. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Abbeysmum said…
Well done whipping that sweater into shape, it looks very warm and anyone seeing that pattern would know how much effort went into the creation.
You are now part of a family....but a little "ME" time will do you good, which will effect all of you.
Paula in Iowa said…
Handsome sweater! Good yarn wrangling. Really like that type of cabling, even while terrified of it. Hugs to all, Paula in Iowa
Abbeysmum said…
Hope you come out of hibernation soon, can't wait to see what has been on the needles these past months, such good knitting weather you have there.
Derek Dawson said…
Thank you for beiing you

Popular Posts