Anything you can knit, I can knit faster!

I can knit anything faster than you!
The Fool has been plodding along on a gorgeous little Dale of Norway sweater, that, if he were to finish it, would fit Jamie perfectly this fall. He cast it on when I was still pregnant, and has been busy producing it, in fits and spurts. There are completed sleeves, too. All it needs is assembly.
In an effort to get a usable sweater during the time of Jamie's life when it will fit him, I cast on a sweater for Jamie on Tuesday (children's top down sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple) out of some Cascade I picked up at Threadbear a few weeks ago. Then I told the Fool that I was going to be able to knit this entire sweater before he could sew some steeks, attach some sleeves and do a little finishing work on his opus.
He said, "Well, not if I get motivated."
I said, "I'll still beat you."
He said, "How do you know that?"
I said, "Because you don't know where the sleeves are."
He paused, thought, and said, "Oh, crap."
Will put up finished sweater pictures later this week. (The Fool is lobbying for the hooded version of the sweater because he thinks if I knit a hood, it will buy him valuable searching time.)

Comments

And that right there is the difference between a product and process knitter.
Lanea said…
I'm rooting for both of you!

Popular Posts