Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Fiddlin' Fool reasoned....

... that as I occasionally knit a sock or two, I should get posting privileges.
But this is about mice. And baked apples, but only tangentially. When I was a kid, I read some humorous Nora Ephron book about how to play with your food, and one of the tricks they recommended was to peel a baked apple, and then when your mother was distracted, put the naked baked apple into her hand to watch her jump and scream.
When I was 7, a phrase like "naked baked apple" was enough to make me laugh until I couldn't breathe.
That's what I just thought of when the Fool emerged from the bathroom with a catnip mouse he'd been hand-felting in hot water. He put it in my hand and said, "Well, what do you think?"
What I think is that when someone puts something felted and fuzzy and warm in my hand that's oddly still, it doesn't remind me of a funny cat toy -- it reminds me of a recently deceased mouse.
Yeeesh!
(But it felted up really nicely; we did it with Knit Picks Merino Style.)

5 comments:

the fiddlin' fool said...

You should also say something about this post being the 100th post of this blog!

Kenny said...

Pictures

the fiddlin' fool said...

Don't worry. We're going to have a sewing up party tonight, and you'll get to see the whole colony in the next post.

Thorny said...

Congrats on your hundredth post! And yay - Meg's a fer-real knit-blogger now!!

Bwa ha ha ha!!

She'll be knitting lace shawls in no time.....

Aprilynne said...

teheeheeee! now I'm having evil plan thoughts - I may have to do that to my sister. A warm wet felty mouse in your hand.... scary. LOL

ps - word verification is vafyogle - that's a good one =)*)