Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Site Improvements

The blog has undergone mild reconstruction. First of all, I removed the verbose blogroll. It was slow and was causing the page to take awhile to load, even over a good connection. So I removed the long thing from the sidebar and made it a link to BlogLines instead. There's an old adage in computer science that says that you can solve anything with a level of indirection. So there you have it!

Second, and more exciting, Meg has agreed to become a joint blogger (not just a guest blogger). So I renamed the site Two Sock Knitters (if someone has a better idea, I'm open to suggestions). We thought that this might make our blog a bit more unique in the blogosphere. We share most everything else, so why shouldn't we share a blog? I've updated the sidebar links to consolidate the 2005 projects under my list, and now Meg gets her own list.

Stay tuned for the Best and Worst of Knitting in 2005!

5 comments:

Sockbug said...

You know, there is some scary resonance in this posting...my DH, who does not knit, said over the recent holidays..."maybe I should learn how to knit"...

meg said...

Be forewarned, you teach him to knit, then he starts eyeing your stitch markers, point protectors, etc. Unlike many other aspects of a marriage, separate knitting accessories are best.

the fiddlin' fool said...

But not separate knitting blogs...

Aprilynne said...

Sock by Sock - Side by Side
of just Sock by Sock

knit chick said...

"Sock It To Us"? I didn't think so, but it's great idea to share the blog.

Meg, I'll keep your advice about the knitting accessories in mind...