What a grand birthday present!

For my birthday, Meg gave me 23 balls of Shetland Spindrift, enough for me to make an 8-color sweater for myself. It wasn't exactly a surprise, though she made me go into the back of Mosaic Yarns while she picked up her special order from the front counter. As if I didn't know.



I actually had to go on a scavenger hunt around the apartment to find each ball. It was quite a blast! The clues were generally pretty easy, though a few stumped me for awhile. Anyways, this will be my next fair isle project, I think.

In other news, this arrived from The Fold:



This is two pounds of roving that Meg says she'll knit up into a sweater for herself, once I've spun it, of course. I certainly have my work cut out for me.

The cat has finally figured out that, while it's noisier in the bedroom where the AC unit is, it's much cooler. So Meg is reading, I am typing on my laptop, and Spoot is perched between us. One big, hot family.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great presents! We do scavenger hunts all the time, especially for larger gifts that I don't want to wrap. My kid loves it!
meg said…
I've become a big fan of the scavenger hunt. I think next time, possibly Christmas, I need to make the clues harder.
Anonymous said…
So what kind of roving is it?
This is 100% merino wool. It's quite soft and lovely to fondle.

Popular Posts