Does the sweater curse work on....say....

... cold germs? Because I am soooo ready to knit my virus a sweater if it will prompt the little bastard to unhand my immune system and go infest someone else's lungs. I've got some nice acrylic for the job.
I actually think on Saturday, as we were getting ready to go to Madison, my cold caught a cold. All of a sudden, I had this cascade of unpleasant symptoms that sent me running for a handkerchief right skippy.
But that is of no matter, because there are FOs in the offing, and I'm nearly done with the sleeve of an Aran sweater, and I finished a sock and I started knitting a scarf in Noro, in feather-and-fan, because it is the end of January and time to start working with cheerful colors to get me through the last couple months of winter. Photos soon.
The Fool has been knitting too, so I'll let him write about that at his leisure. I keep hoping he'll swatch for a Shetland fair isle he has the yarn for because I want to see what it looks like. So far, no luck.

Comments

Mauren Mureaux said…
Alright, i'm not entirely sure that this helped my cold to move along any faster, but it sure sounds like it should work and it tasted great!...I forget if your household is vegetarian or not? Sorry 'bout that! If so, veggie stock could be used and omit the chicken breast, of course.

Hope you feel better soon!

~Suz~

Chicken Soup with Lemon and Ginger

4C chicken broth
1 large chicken breast
1t grated fresh ginger
juice of one lemon
cooked brown rice
garlic and salt to taste

Poach the chicken in the broth until done. Remove from broth, cool, and dice. Add back to the pot, adding in the ginger, lemon juice, rice, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer to meld the flavors
Thanks for the recipe. That does sound yummy! We are not, in fact, vegetarian, but thanks for being so considerate. We do actually enjoy the occasional tofu, so some seem to believe that this classifies us as vegetarians, even if we also happen to eat, say, filet mignon...

Popular Posts