The Secret is Out

Not that it was much of a secret, really, but here it is in its full glory:


It's a baby sweater for my friend Michelle (well, actually, it's for her her newlyborn). Two dwarf hamsters adorn the front. Technically, the pattern I converted was a guinea pig, but I figured it was close enough1. I converted the cross-stitch chart into a knitting chart completely by eye. I'm particularly proud of this fact, because I'm pretty awful at drawing anything, let alone something that actually has to resemble something in the real world. Anyways, if she hasn't received it yet, she will probably receive it before she reads this post.



In other news, I'm working on something else that is remaining a secret for now. Though I can offer up this preview:


More will be revealed in a few weeks.
----
1Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a hamster chart? The only one I found was actually a cross-stitch pattern, and converting it would have made it look like a blob, as you lose a lot of resolution when you do this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the first pix - how cute!

the second pix - a teddy bear sweater, perhaps? or a holiday ornament?

anne marie in philly
mc78 said…
This page is a treasure trove:

http://www.breienmetplezier.nl/index2.htm

But I like your hamsters better. I love hamsters :)

Popular Posts