Rainy day today

Here's what I worked on yesterday to celebrate May 1 and the coming of spring.

I finished the flying geese quilt with the help of several episodes of "Frasier" on the DVR, and had it on the bed by the time the Fool came home. Here, Spoot and Angus give it their furry little stamps of approval.

This is what it looked like mid-quilting, on my friend Jo's long-arm machine. It's hard to tell what the quilting looks like in these pictures, but it reminds us both of ripples on water - long flat swoops back and forth.

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful, meg!

isn't it nice to get the "good housecatkeeping seal of approval"?

may it keep you and the fool and baby knit warm and toasty for many years to come!
Lorna said…
That is gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Enjoy!
Valerie said…
Wow, what a lovely quilt. I am really impressed. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
JustApril said…
wow.. it's amazing!
---jen said…
This is the awesome! I can't wait to do something like this... Like learning to use a sewing machine in the first place. :)
TurnipToes said…
Yay! Contratulations on such a beautiful and large project. I love the colorful energy it brings to the room. Not that I am insinuating your bedroom is dull and void of energy. But now you can see the tingle!
Anonymous said…
You know, a nice quilt like that really isn't fully accepted until it's been "christened" by the cats...
Anonymous said…
May 11th 2009

Dear Meg,

Happy Mother's Day!

Love, Paula in Iowa
Anonymous said…
That's 2008 I can't type!

Popular Posts