Back to Knitting

I'm taking some time off from KnitML to work on Jamie's 18-month Dale of Norway sweater.

We found this pattern in Seattle almost a year ago, and I had only gotten as far as the cast on round.

Except it's not quite in that color. The body is blue and yellow with touches of red. I had originally bought this pattern but could not locate the correct amount of yarn for it (darn discontinued colors). One of the ladies at Knitche, however (which, by the way, is the coolest LYS ever), not only helped me pick out good substitute Dale colors, but she also dipped into her personal stash of discontinued forest green and brought them to the store for me. Talk about service!

By the way, has anyone ever marveled at the sheer number of yarn stores whose names are puns on knitting, stitches, or sheep? I mean, to open a punned yarn store these days, you have to be pretty darn original.

Okay, off to knitting... I mean, work. :)

Comments

Carrie said…
I love that sweater! The colors you've chosen sound like ones my nephews would like.

I like the ginchy yarn names, but KnitPicks has new yarns with names that are making my kids want me to knit them stuff... "Unicorn" and "Pixie Dust." Cute!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tip on the yarn store. I'm coming for a SEX visit weekend with my sister at the beginning of June, and we didn't have that one on our list yet.

Popular Posts