* I invented a cake tonight. Well, sort of. It was a plain-Jane chocolate cake, one layer, mix in one bowl, to which I added a stiff spoonful of espresso powder. I plan to frost it with a thin layer of Nutella and top with toasted hazelnuts. I think I inadvertently made the cake version of the Fool's favorite Starbucks drink, the hazelnut latte.
* I am thinking very longingly of lentils and rice with toasty onions on top. This might be lunch sooner rather than later. It reminds me of college.
* My fruit trees bloomed when I wasn't looking.
* Ever since I read in some folklore book that girls, to ensure a clear complexion, washed their face in the May Day dew, I have done this religiously. I kid you not.
* Whenever I sheepishly admit to the Fool something that Jamie did when I wasn't noticing too closely, such as trying to eat a dead bug out of the sliding door track, the Fool outdoes me. He admitted today that last night, while I was at knit group, Jamie found my house flip-flops and licked the entire sole of one of them. That kid is going to have the most amazing immune system .... sigh. I feel like this might be the rhythm of parenting. Whatever you feel like you did wrong, your spouse has probably done as bad, if not worse, and just hasn't told you yet.
* I wish I could go see someone dance up the sun tomorrow. A lot of my friends are either dancing with Morris sides or watching in their home towns, and I wish I were too.
* Lace, lace, lace. This is all I am interested in knitting these days.
* Except for today, when I tried to knit a stockinette portion of a sock and messed it up right and left. I put decreases in weird places, I forgot how to knit a heel flap, crazy, crazy stuff.
* Oh, and I also made Jamie a pair of pants from "Weekend Sewing." I have much more to say about this, once I get the waistband taken in correctly. They're very good pants, if I do say so myself. I quilt enough that I have a good stash of fabric in patterns any discerning baby would be thrilled to wear. As long as that baby is cool with frogs on his bum.