The week of fests

Just finished up with the Chicago Folk and Roots Fest, where the Fool clogged Saturday as part of a team in the fiddle competition (they took second place!) Check out the skirts - Rachel and I made those. Rachel and Edward are on the far left, there. The Fool is on the far right.


Next weekend is the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair, for which I am the vendor coordinator. No fun photo of that yet - it's mostly me answering emails and talking to myself.



I got a skein of yarn from my friend Sandy, who sells it on Etsy (her shop name is Bunkybobo). She's selling it at Sock Summit, but not in person, and I volunteered to knit some sample socks. So far, I like this yarn quite a bit (and I'm not just saying it because she's my friend.) It doesn't pool weirdly. But that doesn't stop me from making hash of the pattern - Herringbone Rib Socks from Knitting Socks with Variegated Yarns. Sigh. I really want to make this work.


Here's a leftover picture of the dancers at the Delafield contra dance weekend. The problem with these things is that when we're playing, I can't take pictures, so you get photos of a lot of people standing around. Trust me, they move more than this in real life.
And now, to bed ....

Comments

The River Otter said…
Hmmmm...that is the first I have heard of the MF&FF! (What a funny acronym!) Not all that far from me I don't think...I wonder if anyone from my knitting circle is going?

As far as the standaround photos, I am learning to trust others with my camera. It's been difficult but...I am gifted with some good shots that way. :)

Popular Posts