Three things

1. Whyfor did you get up at 4:30 a.m., kid? What did you have to do that needed such an early start? Because I got up with you, and let me tell you, I think you could have waited until 8 a.m. or so to look at books and chase Angus.

2. I started dismantling the curtain valances I got at the Salvation Army so I could get my hands on the beautiful sunny Marimekko fabric, and I discovered that somebody made these curtains out of a tablecloth. That makes me really happy, to know that this tablecloth gets three lives, not just one.

3. Jamie was helping me unload groceries and in an effort to get him out of the way for five seconds, I handed him four rolls of toilet paper and told him to go put those in the bathroom. Yeah. Next time, I need to go with him and show him the cupboard the toilet paper goes in, because he threw them in the toilet. I rescued one roll, but three are completely done for.

Comments

Ms. Kimba said…
aye aye aye..kids, wait till he is my oldest sons age....15 yrs in a few weeks, and all you have issues with is girls, and not doing homework because girls and skateboarding is more fun while looking at girls, and having a new gf every week ahhhhh!!
Julie said…
A 2-year-old I was sitting for successfully flushed a roll. I say successfully, because it was no longer visible. Less successful was the fact that water was pouring out onto the wood floors.
=Tamar said…
That was your warning: this kid is going to be logical. "Go to the bathroom" means "use the toilet" so "put these in the bathroom" means...

Start now to practice very careful phrasing of all statements. If nothing else, it's an interesting mental game.
JakkiMitch said…
Luv it! Little guys are SO cute - even when the toilet paper rolls end up in the toilet!
Kelley Petkun said…
That was a perfect laugh for my morning! I also get up at 4:30 every morning. I find that the two uninterrupted hours give me a headstart to my day.
Katy said…
Thanks for the laughs this morning. I was up at stupid o'clock as well, though we actually had a doctor's appointment before the sun rose. Its a good thing you have this blog to document all those funny things that Jamie will deny when he is older.
Anonymous said…
Ahhh, and here you thought you'd be the one teaching your kid, only to find it's the other way around.

Popular Posts