If You Can't Beat 'Em...

I'm getting tired of trying to do all of these fancy, textury things with self-striping yarn and not having it show up. So on Saturday, I thought I would go more with the flow of the stripe and start a pattern from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet. The pattern is The Mermaid, and these are going to be for me. I kind of object to naming the socks after the pattern, since I'm not female, so I think I will call them Fall Harvest Socks.

I finished up the sideways garter cuff last night and did a neat little garter stitch graft, and the sock is looking quite excellent. I'll post a picture once I have a bit of the ribbing done.

I also cast on for a beret this morning on the train. This will be made from the leftover KnitPicks yarn as well as some Brown Sheep stuff I have kicking around the stash. I'm slightly concerned that the Brown Sheep will be a bit itchy, with the mohair and coarser grade of wool. Does anyone have any experiences with Brown Sheep against the skin?

Comments

Thorny said…
RE: Brown Sheep - the hat I made your wife for Christmas last year is Brown Sheep Burly Spun. Same wool, though I don't believe the Burly Spun has the mohair content the Lamb's Pride has.

Popular Posts