Fiesta Feet Sock(s)



Pattern: Fiesta Feet by Lucy Neatby
Needles: 2 24" US 1 Addi Turbos
Yarn: Some purple Wildfoot and scraps of variegated yarn from 4 different balls
Special Technique: Knitting a sock which requires thought for every stitch
Started: October-ish, 2005
Completed: March 16, 2006
Recipient: Meg... if I ever find the other one

I was going to wait until I found the second sock in the pair, but as it's been nearly a month since they've been finished, I have to take a picture of something. It was a fun knit, though definitely an intense experience.

My favorite part was either the heel...


Or the top of the foot.


The variegated scraps combined up quite well. You can hardly tell they all came from different yarns.

I've decided that I won't be knitting any more sideway garter stitch cuffs. Sorry, Lucy, as I know it's sort of your trademark and all that, but it just doesn't seem particularly worth all of the fuss. The flower thing on the foot is pretty nifty, however. As is the bumpy honeycomb heel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a really cool sock, I am impressed!
Zee said…
WOWEE... That is an awesome sock! Very intricate details -turned out lovely. :)
Jeanne said…
Wow - great sock!
JustApril said…
iVomanos a la fiesta! those are awesome =)
Anonymous said…
I have a pattern but haven't knit any sideways garter stitch cuffs. Just wondering..Is it the picking up for the leg part that is not worth it?
Franklin said…
I've watched you do it, yet I still don't know how you do it. Wow.
Mauren Mureaux said…
Those are freaking AMAZING!!

If you hadn't said anything, i would have never known you used various varigated yarns, they do look like they all come from one skein!

~Suz~

Popular Posts