Sunday morning....

... I have this conversation.
ME (to FOOL): So, were you ever going to notice that I got my hair cut Friday?
FOOL: (startled glance) Um, wow. You did. It looks nice.
ME: You didn't notice at all, did you?
FOOL: Well, I didn't really see you yesterday.
ME: We spent nearly the whole day together.
FOOL: But I wasn't looking at you.
ME: ???
FOOL: Well, I got in late Friday night and you were sleeping and it was dark, so I didn't see you then. Then on Saturday, we got up, but Franklin came over and I was driving, so I was looking at the road. Then we got to The Fold and, well ...
ME: You had all the yarn and roving to look at.
FOOL: Exactly! But your hair looks nice. Really.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Been here...only it was husband *and* daughter.
Franklin said…
Men!

(PS - If *I'm* distracting him from looking at you, maybe you two should have a little talk.)
meg said…
Alas, Franklin, I think it was the blue-faced Leicester.
Angie said…
Not that I don't have sympathy...but if I had new yarn my balding husband could have sprouted dreadlocks and I wouldn't notice until they brushed my face ...was going to say in bed but I can't see him then .Angie

Popular Posts