Plying Success


I'm very happy with this skein. It's not quite my first skein off the spinning wheel, but it's definitely the nicest so far. For my previous attempt, I overspun one of the singles by a long shot, so the skein looks really mangy. This, however, looks nice and balanced. I'm quite happy I've finally figured out plying satisfactorily.

You might be wondering why I haven't taken any pictures of the Fiesta Feet socks yet. Well, I can't find one of them. Hopefully it will turn up soon so that I can take their picture. Perhaps the one is simply camera shy.


The cats were in this pose this afternoon, with Mab's back leg thrown over Spoot's back. I guess they found it really comfortable.


This was a shot from Pigtown Fling, a huge contra dance weekend in Covington, Kentucky. It was so much fun I can't even begin to describe it, nor can I really tell you what exactly contra dance is. All I can tell you is to go find your local contra dance and give it a try if you haven't already. No previous experience or classes needed!

Comments

Cheryl:) said…
Contra dance??? Isn't that something Reagan did?
Mauren Mureaux said…
According to my former Poly Sci Professor, Harry Wray...that would have been the Iran Contra Dance, right?

My other half would love the colors of your skein, i better make sure she's not over my shoulder when i load up your blog!!

~Suz~

Popular Posts