Knitters in the news!

In the New York Times' article on new words coined in 2007, we have this:

"kinnear v.
To take a candid photograph surreptitiously, especially by holding the camera low and out of the line of sight. Coined in August by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee of the Yarn Harlot blog when she attempted to take a photograph during an encounter with the actor Greg Kinnear at an airport."

You can read the whole article here. It's pretty funny if you're any kind of word geek at all.

Knitters. We don't just make sweaters and hats - we make up whole new words!
Snowing here today - I need to get going on my stalled sweater again; it's cold in Chicago.

Comments

ColorJoy LynnH said…
I love Stephanie... and now she's changing not only her own vocabulary but that of many. Go grrl.

Hey... just heard that the Cosmic Otters are playing the New Year's dance in Lansing? Which means I'll get to meet you guys!!! Totally cool.

See you in just a few days. I'm delighted.
JustApril said…
I hope Greg Kinnear actually learns about this and reads Stephanie's story. That would be the coolest to hear him talk about it on a talk show someday. I think of the Harlot every time I see him now. =)
Sarah said…
And we read it first.

Popular Posts