Much better

The brief rain the other day gave me some small hope that spring could be on the way. It melted about half the snow ... and although much of it froze into ice, and it went back down into the teens today, at least we had one day of 40-degree weather.
Angus continues his careful study of the local squirrels each morning. One came scampering up to the other side of the sliding glass door and peeked in at him - I thought he was going to fall over from all the excitement.
I frogged a Lorna's Laces sock I had started. The pattern just wasn't doing it for me.



I started reknitting it in feather and fan. Much better.

Because I've had a totally wretched cold for nearly a week now, Valentine's Day was a bust. We were going to cook steaks for dinner, but we had misremembered what was in the freezer, so we had hamburgers instead, which was just as well, because I couldn't taste anything anyway. Then we spent a romantic evening watching TV with me honking away on the couch.
But look at the beautiful tulips the Fool brought home! Spring has to be on the way.

Comments

ColorJoy LynnH said…
The tulips are beautiful. That sure brings hope, doesn't it?
Anonymous said…
oh man, I needed that tulip shot! I am so tired of gray and mud brown and dull that I could scream!

and baseball training camp has opened, so can spring be near?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

get well soon!
Anonymous said…
Pretty flowers and sock yarn. I love the feather and fan pattern better. Hey off topic here...if that's ok. I have a contra dance question. Hubby and I were looking at things to do here, and found a Barn Dance thing in Kansas City that has contra dancing and folk music and (I think they said) old time fiddle music. Now, I love me some fiddling, but I'm an introvert almost to the point of being violent about it. And this dance thing mentioned lessons and audience participation and scary things like that. So, in your experience, how pushy are people at these things about getting everyone involved? What I'm hoping is to be able to go and find a corner somewhere and tap my feet and be able to knit. What do you think? I don't want to be a party pooper, but to hear live music, wow.

Popular Posts