Stuff for Jamie

Hey, did you ever wonder why this blog is called Two Sock Knitters? It's because I've been known to knit from time to time.

I've been working on a knitted soaker for Jamie.


Kind of looks like a big blurb, doesn't it? As long as it works, I'm happy. It's not quite done yet (I have to knit the legs).

I also want to start this from Dale of Norway:


Actually, I did start it, but haven't gotten past the cast on yet. I had a bit of trouble substituting discontinued colors, though the fine folks at Knitche (our local yarn store) helped me out quite a bit in matching close colors. One clerk even dipped into her personal stash when she recognized that I needed a discontinued Forest Green. She had a skein kicking around her house that she gave me!

Angus seems to have fallen in love with the little one. By all accounts he's tickled to death that we've produced a cat-sized human. We caught him napping next to Jamie this morning with his nose tucked under Jamie's arm.


Or maybe it's Jamie that's taken with Angus? Hard to say.

Comments

Lorna said…
Oh, that sweater for Jamie is darling! I hope to see it in progress!

Sounds like Jamie and Angus are going to be buds!
Anonymous said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwww, angus and jamie...

happy new year 2009 to all cats and humans at your house!
Susan D said…
Um, as a non-knitter, can I ask what a "soaker" is?

Popular Posts