Thar she blows!

Late this afternoon, we were sitting on Ala Moana beach, doing nothing in particular, when we saw a whale spout on the horizon, out beyond a couple ships and far beyond the people paddling around while standing on surfboards.
We pointed the whale out to a guy sitting near us who had some binoculars and he reported that there were two whales - a big whale just swimming along, and a little whale, who was the one doing all the breaching and leaping and showing off of tail fins that we were watching.
The Fool looked at me and said, "What do you want to bet the mother whale is out there saying, 'Will you just calm down and go to sleep? Why are you acting so crazy right now?!'"

Comments

PICAdrienne said…
Well, yeah, that would be what Mom's do, and his point would be???

He will need to adjust to all manner of "Momisms" that will come forth over the advance of years. I am now getting used to (my oldest is 17) my step-dad's friends saying I sound like my mother.

Just remember to knit on through crises and you will be fine.
Steve said…
What else would a mom whale say?

Popular Posts