Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home sweet home

As a follow up to my last post on lullabies, I wrote this one this morning as I walked Jamie around trying to get him to sleep so I can finish a freelance piece and go have fondue and board games for NYE with some friends.
(One of Jamie's goofy names is "Mr. Boo.")

Mr. Boo, Mr. Boo, I love you,
But I wish you wouldn't scream like you seem to like to do,
I wish you wouldn't scream, I wish you wouldn't cry,
You make your mama want to stick a finger in her eye.

Mr. Boo, Mr. Boo, I love you,
But I wish you wouldn't scream like you seem to like to do,
I wish you wouldn't scream, I wish you wouldn't shout,
You make your mama want to tear her hair right out,

Mr. Boo, Mr. Boo, I love you,
But I wish you wouldn't scream like you seem to like to do.
I wish you wouldn't scream, 'cause screaming really stinks,
And screaming little babies tend to drive their moms to drink!

Mr. Boo, Mr. Boo, I love you,
But I wish you wouldn't scream like you seem to like to do.

The bouncing will continue until morale improves.
Happy New Year, everyone.

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

happy new year 2009 from my house to yours!