Friday, February 20, 2009

That Carol, smart lady

Yesterday, Carol suggested in the comments that I get Jamie some yarn of his own to mess with in hopes he will leave the yarn alone that I am trying to knit with.
In thinking about this, I spent a little time confusing what I've read in books about raising babies with what I've read in books about training dogs (which means Jamie is in for an interesting childhood if I can't start keeping these two topics straight), particularly the part that says you should never give a dog an old shoe to chew on, because dogs can't tell old shoes from new shoes and the dog will start destroying every shoe it finds.
But I thought, heck, I'll give this a try, so I dug in the stash and came up with a few odds and bobs of acrylic and mystery yarns people gave me when they heard I had taken up knitting.



It's been remarkably successful. I sit on the rug and knit and he sits on the rug next to me happily - and quietly - pulling at the balls and making a huge tangle.





"Look," he says, "Something Angus and I can do together!"
I wonder how long it will be until he figures out that to really have fun with yarn, you need some needles.

5 comments:

scienceprincess said...

For the record, Angus and Jamie together are unbelievably cute :-)

Take care.
Scienceprincess

LaurieM said...

Wow! You've got a child prodigy on your hands. What about a knitting spool? Or a one of those crank machines?

Too cute!

meg said...

Heh. I'm not so sure he's ready for fine motor coordination yet.

Lorna said...

cute pics and great idea - now he can be just like Mom and Dad!

we'll have Bree teach him how to finger knit!

ColorJoy LynnH said...

The photos are priceless. Just love that!