First entry

Well, here it is: my knitting addiction, manifest in a knitting blog.

I'm one of those male knitters who is completely out in the open about my addiction. I knit on the train, in waiting areas, when I come home from work, before I leave for work... even while walking!

I started out by knitting a two-color area rug in garter stitch, mainly because my wife took up the project and got bored with it. So, being curious about knitting (and wanting to be helpful), I finished it. Then I knitted a few scarves and a couple of cat toys before settling on my current passion at the beginning of this year... socks.

First, it was plain socks on bamboo DPNs. Then I moved to metal needles. Next was 2 circs. Plain ribbed socks, toe-up socks, lace socks, fair-isle socks. I just can't get enough! I'm currently completing my first fair-isle socks and will be taking an entrelac sock class starting tomorrow. Somewhere down the line will come intarsia-in-the-round in the form of argyle socks, but I am going to wait at least until I'm done with the fair isles.

My wife and I have tossed around the idea of a digital camera, so when we finally end up getting that, I will be able to post pictures.

Comments

Popular Posts