To complement the large chemo hat, I've cast on a wee hat on a 16" circular using the leftovers. It's for my friend's 1-year-old son, so that they can match. It's small, so I hope to have it done by the end of the day. I also made double chocolate cherry cookies last night, so I will package both hats up with the cookies and mail them off.
The sock projects have been resting, meanwhile. About the argyles. I think I'm going to frog back to the lifeline I put in and re-chart the pattern so that it falls over a few less stitches. Since the sock will be straight-up stockinette in intarsia, I have this fear that it will be extremely baggy for my legs if I keep it at 64 stitches. I have really skinny legs, too, so I think it would be best to err on the smaller side.