Barter woes

The barter socks are proving to be extremely dull now that I've gotten to the foot. They are even duller than your average foot, because not only was there no gusset shaping to make some of the rows go by faster, but I'm doing 2 socks at once. I have to admit that the barter socks are kind of a disappointment. The "drunkenness" to the pattern is so subtle that it's barely noticeable, even with the large migrations to either side (8-stitch). I think the main problem is my use of self-striping yarn. All you see is this sort of color mish-mash and the ribbing variance seems hardly worth mentioning.

My mind needed a break from this nearly mindless knitting, so I thought I would aim to finish the second entrelac sock. I had several requests for the pattern after people saw the picture of it on my foot, so I will try to write that up when I get the chance. A lot of it was free form, made with the yarns I could find in the yarn store that were the right weight, plus whatever stranded pattern I felt like. I wouldn't repeat the color selection, either, but I had to work with what I had, and it wasn't a tragedy by any means.

I didn't get much knitting done this weekend. My mother was visiting over the extended weekend, and she thinks that it's impossible to simulatneously knit and listen attentively. So for the peace of the household, I generally refrained from knitting. Of course, the new Harry Potter book also came out, so I've invested quite a bit of time into that as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you're right about the self-striping yarn being part of your problem. Because the offset rib pattern seems awfully similar to the Wavy pattern from Knitty. I finished my Wavy scarf a few weeks ago, and the ribs really do pop nicely in the solid yarn I chose.

Popular Posts