Well that sucked

On Wednesday, I just completed turning the heel on the second argyle sock when I realized that I had an odd number of stitches on the heel needle. D'oh! This means I must've dropped a stitch or two somewhere while I wasn't looking. So I backed out the whole heel turn and a few rows of the heel, found the dropped stitches, and now I'm back on track.

With the Addis, I've noticed it's very easy to drop off a stitch without even noticing. They are very slick, which is usually nice, as it lets me go really fast. Occasionally, though, it causes problems. This is more likely to happen when I'm walking my sock. It happened again this morning, though I only lost one stitch and immediately realized it was gone, so the damage wasn't as great.

Since I'm past the "perilous" intarsia phase of the argyle, I can walk it again, so this means that the twisted rib socks have become a secondary project. The argyles will probably go back to secondary socks when I duplicate stitch the lines in, so there is a chance that both pairs on the needles will be done at the same time!

It's finally nice weather for wearing wool socks. This is a good thing, as I was beginning to think that autumn would never come! Also, I have a lot more handmade socks to wear this year than I did last year. I'm especially looking forward to a time when I can wear my entrelac socks out in public for all to see. Maybe I'll wear them at an upcoming band gig with my Birkenstocks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Been here and done this...it's usually because I'm not paying attention!
The yarn is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino Dream in Fiery Fuschia. I got it at my LYS.
Sockbug

Popular Posts