Out of the vaults

That's what I've been telling the Wednesday night knitting group, each week I show up with a new work in progress. A couple weeks ago, it was Lucy Neatby's Sea Lettuce scarf. Before that, the bubbly lace curtain from Mason Dixon Knitting, which only needs blocking and hanging.
For the last week or so, my project has been the Icarus shawl, which I'm making out of Misti Alpaca Lace, in Red Rover.


Angus inspects my knitting.

To give you an idea of how long this thing has been sitting around, I bought the yarn in May 2008 and cast on shortly thereafter.
There's a portion of the pattern that goes "repeat rows 19 - 42 five times," and somewhere between the first and second time, something made me put it down. The unfortunate thing about Icarus is that all the exciting stuff happens in the last 50 rows or so, so there's a big slog first.
I want to have this done by the first weekend in June, so we'll see how that goes.
Today, Jamie was really understanding about my knitting deadline. After we went to his swimming class ("swimming" is pretty generous a label for what we do - I mean, we play fetch with rubber ducks and sing lots of songs), he fell asleep in the car. I got some lunch, which he slept through in his sling, and then we found a park, where he napped in the shade and I knit for more than an hour.
It was a wonderful way to spend part of the afternoon.



artsy window shot.

Comments

LaurieM said…
I started that shawl but didn't enjoy it much. To much slog? Good luck getting to the finish! I prescribe more swimming for Jamie. That'll do er.

Popular Posts