And you will know us by the trail of crumbs

Happy Halloween, everyone!
The Fool and I celebrated by leaving a trail of disaster behind us in a Corner Bakery this morning. They had trays of samples set out, with plastic tongs to serve. I tried to pick up a cube of coffeecake, but didn't feel like the tongs were closing adequately, so I kept squeezing harder and harder ... until, with a loud snap, they broke.
Luckily, no one noticed.
Then the Fool saw the samples.
"Here," he said, offering me one with the tongs. But I didn't get my hand out fast enough, and he was enthusiastic, so what he actually did was throw the sample up into the air toward me. It fell on the floor.
I took the Lord's name in vain.
"You were supposed to catch that," he said.
"You're not supposed to throw cake," I said.
Then we bumbled our way to the table, where we made a mess of packaging our food in to-go containers, as we didn't have enough time to eat, and I finally just had my oatmeal here at work, and as I was washing off my spoon in the sink, I realized ... it's not my spoon.
I stole it from the Corner Bakery.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes you just know, it's going to be one of those days. Take the rest of the day off, go to a yarn shop and get something, go home and knit and eat all the Halloween candy. Try again tomorrow.
Lanea said…
Hooligans!
TurnipToes said…
Spoon!

Popular Posts