Not knitting - felt turkey hats

This is the evening's project. Why am I making turkey hats?
Because we're making a short movie of a square dance to promote our community's dance weekend, Breaking Up Thanksgiving, and of course ... we need eight turkey hats.
This is a prototype and the pictures are mostly for the benefit of Lynn, who also sort of volunteered to make hats.
I think I won't use black thread next time. It was what was in the machine, but I think I might try threading it with clear nylon. Or pick a neutral like gray or beige. When I go to the store next, I'll see about googly eyes, too. I don't have good buttons.

Hat deployed on head:



Detail of elastic - that's about a 2.5 inch piece of 3/4-inch elastic.


Hat flat.

Comments

Unknown said…
Really like the headband fabric!
Sarah said…
So I hear really good things about this contra dancing. I may have to learn more.
Sarah,

They have a dance in Warrenville twice a month. If you can't wait that long, though, there is a dance at Ida Noyes hall at the University of Chicago this Saturday. Best of all, Meg and I are playing for it.

Check it out!
Geesh my hair is curly in that picture.
meg said…
Fool - I think maybe the turkey just makes your hair look curlier. Fowl have that effect on most heads.
---jen said…
Either that, or his hair is curly. :P
Franklin said…
I am catching up on my blog reading after a long hiatus and I was NOT ready for that final picture first thing in the morning.

Popular Posts