While the Fool codes...

... I knit.
I have a cold. It's probably no big deal as colds go; I'm sure there are worse colds out there, but as far as I am concerned, no human being has ever suffered more than I.
I made the mistake of taking Benadryl to relieve a runny nose this morning and ended up so stoned at work I walked into someone's desk.
"So?" the Fool said, "I do that when I don't take cold medicine."
Anyway, on Sunday, when this cold was at its apex, I sat on the couch, felt sorry for myself a lot, blew my nose, and knit the Fool a chullo that I promised him a while back. It occurred to me that it was getting cold and he would need a hat for his hikes. It's a good hat, but because of the curly hair, it tends to sit on top of his head funny. I think maybe the optimal hat would be a rasta hat with earflaps. I should look into that next.
It's a stashbusting hat - used up some Cascade that was kicking around, so that's a good thing. I was going to use some of his handspun for the Fair Isle parts, but I was afraid the gauge would be wonky and I was sick, so I didn't think I was up to anything really challenging.
Here it is:



Happy Halloween Eve!

Comments

JustApril said…
Poor you, I hate those 'constantly blowing you nose and it doesn't help' colds. =( Benadryl totally kicks my fanny, but I also walk into things when I'm not stoned, so it's hardly noticeable when I am =) Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Nice pics!
LaurieM said…
I don't think the hat looks big enough on the fool. Its a super nice hat and I really like the swirls, but I think it wants to be on someone else's head.

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
meg said…
It honestly may be his hair ... I'll have to give it some more thought and cast on again. It's not like I have no wool.
Sarah said…
Aw, so that's why we missed you last night. Hope you feel better soon!
Lanea said…
Great hat! I need to make some good hats for Christmas gifts. I guess I should start on that. . .

Popular Posts